Dr.A.V.Anoop is fully involved in all the Social, Educational, Cultural, Philanthropic and sporting activities. There are numerous students including those studying Engineering & Ayurvedic Medicines, pursuing their studies with his support.
Following are some of the organizations/Institutions Dr.A.V.Anoop is associated with.
Asan Memorial Association of Chennai
- Dr.A.V.Anoop is the Vice-President of Asan Memorial Association of Chennai, and is an active member of all its activities. It’s a premier organization, run schools, colleges including Engineering College, having on its roll over 5000 students.
- Chairman, (Management Committee) Asan Memorial College of Arts & Science, Asan Memorial Institute of Management and Asan Memorial Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology.
Malayalee Club of Chennai
- Dr.A.V.Anoop had been the Secretary of The Malayalee Club of Chennai for four (4) consecutive years. What is significant is the fact that The Malayalee Club of Chennai is the oldest Malayalees’ Club outside Kerala.
- During his period as Secretary of Malayalee club Dr.A.V.Anoop Organised its Centenary Celebrations during 1997and he who took the initiative to hold the “SWATI SMRITI” Music & Dance festival during his Secretary tenure, which has now become an annual event. During the Swati Smriti festival eminent patrons of art are honored, the very FIRST recipient being (Late) Semmangudi Srinivasa Iyer renowned Carnatic Musician.
- Another notable feature of his tenure at The Malayalee Club is the instituting of “National Harmony Programme” in which all the Association of people from Kashmir to Kanyakumari speaking all the different languages of the country, in their language hold music & dance programmes at The Malayalee Club, which too has been institutionalized as an Annual Programme.
- Dr.A.V.Anoop takes leading part in the functioning of “Federation of All India Marunadan Malayalee Associations” (FAIMA) . It is FAIMA which had succeeded in bringing different splinter Associations & Samajams of Keralities under one Umbrella.
- As General Convenor, Dr.A.V.Anoop was the Principal Organisor of the All India Marunadan Malayalee Sangamams held at Pragati Maidan New Delhi on 04-05 December 1999 and the one at Thrissur on 29-30 December 2001 were attended by thousands of Delegates from hundreds of Malayalee Associations from All over India. This was also attended by Union & State Ministers and other dignitaries from other walks of life.
WORLD MALAYALEE COUNCIL (WMC)
- He has been active in the functioning of WORLD MALAYALEE COUNCIL (WMC) for the last 6 years and has made rapid rise through its Organizational structure and presently he is functioning as the Global General Secretary of WMC for 2nd time. WMC Chennai Province was started under his stewardship on 18 September 2001 of which he is one of the Founder Member and the First, elected Founder President. All the other Founder Members and other members who joined subsequently share the common vision of serving the society. With this in view, WMC Chennai Province had been running a Charitable Medical Centre called Kairali Medical Centre that had been dispensing Free Consultation, Medication & Treatment to the patients belonging to the economically deprived sections of society. Every year Kairali Medical Centre provides Free Medical Aid to 10, 000 patients.
- “Hridhaya Ragam” – a fund raiser musical show was organised by WMC Chennai province on 25/02/06 in Chennai. The proceeds and the help of Madras Medical Mission Hospital provided a new lease of life to 60 ailing children, through a pediatric cardio-surgical camp. Each such surgery costs Rs.2 lakhs (Rs.1 lakh towards surgical procedures and Rs.1 lakh towards post surgery expenses). Dr.A.V.Anoop as the Global General Secretary has been able to coordinate the function to make it a grand success with the whole support of WMC family around the world.
- Tsunami:- Dr.A.V.Anoop takes leading part to help the Tsunami affected villagers of Ayiramthengu Panchayat by constructing a Community Hall with financial help from members of WMC and inaugurate the same on 16th December 2006.
- Dr.A.V.Anoop had attended the Global Conferences of World Malayalee Council . First in 2002 at Dingden Germany where he was elected to the Global Executive Committee. During the 4th Global Conference 2004 held from 19 to 21 August 2004 at Bahrain, he was elected as the Global General Secretary. It was during these conferences as interacting with several Malayalee Business personalities, the idea of having a Global Chamber of Commerce to serve the interests of Malayalee Entrepreneurs spread around the world originated and later got translated into INDIAN WORLDWIDE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE.
“WORLD RECORD” by LIMCA BOOK OF RECORDS
- “WORLD RECORD” by LIMCA BOOK OF RECORDS. JYOTHIRGAMAYA, 3 LAKH MEGA EYE DONATION CAMPAIGN was undertaken under chairmaship of Dr.A.V.Anoop by WMC Chennai Province and Media Arts, both Social Organizations which by its culminating day on 29 March 2004 achieved the donation of 3, 19, 952 Eyes from 20 contiguous Panchayats of Mannathoor in Ernakulam District of Kerala. This has been entered a “WORLD RECORD” by LIMCA BOOK OF RECORDS.“WORLD RECORD” by LIMCA BOOK OF RECORDS.
Decent final burial to Unclaimed, Unidentified Dead bodies
- There are scores of Unclaimed, Unidentified Dead bodies lying in the mortuary of Government General Hospital Chennai. They too had been the Father, Mother, Brother, Sister to some one. This is a continuous ongoing task as the number of such bodies in the hospital keeps accumulating due to accidents and other factors. WMC Chennai Province, under the guidance & leadership of Dr.A.V.Anoop has taken upon itself an extremely noble project to accord decent final burial to these bodies.